What an exciting week last week! First, let’s get started with this week’s recipe:
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs?
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs are a new take on an old favorite. In looking for a substitution for mayonnaise, I came across several people that use mashed avocado. I love avocados because they take on a lot of the flavor of whatever you pair them with, making them a great healthy addition to just about any dish. In deviled eggs, they add a great thickness and creaminess, mimicking mayo, but with no cholesterol and lots of healthy goodness.
Make Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs for a Dr. Seuss Party!
As the avocados oxidize, they turn the yolks slightly green, making them perfect for a party honoring the beloved children’s author. Pair Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs with a grilled or baked ham slice for a great surprise for the kids. They’ll be surprised that you got the eggs to turn green and love them at the same time. If you’d like to keep them yellow though, add a tablespoon of lime juice to the avocado before you mix in the yolks. Your mixture will stay a beautiful light yellow.
I Want to Make a Big Batch of Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Make it easy on yourself and bake your eggs. Yep. You read that right. Bake the eggs following our Hard Baked Eggs recipe! It will cut your time in half and make your eggs perfectly peelable. You can bake as many eggs as your oven will hold and all it takes is 30 minutes plus cooling time. I’ll never boil eggs again.
- 12 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados, pit removed and flesh cubed
- 3 T ranch dressing
- 4 t sour cream
- 1 T prepared horseradish
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into thin strips 1 inch long
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks. Place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the dressing, sour cream, and horseradish. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the cubed avocado and pulse again until smooth.
- Fill the whites of the eggs, either by spooning into the eggs, or by placing the filling in a zippy bag and cutting a corner to pipe it in.
- Top with a strip of the red pepper and bacon.
- Serve with your favorite meal.
Next time you want to make deviled eggs, but want to change it up a bit, try Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs. They are perfect for anyone allergic to mayo, or wants to cut the cholesterol of the dish. Plus, doesn’t bacon just make everything better? So grab the bacon, grab the eggs, and whip up a batch of Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs!
Now for the feature from last week’s Linky Party:
We actually have 2 features for this week, because there was a tie for the most viewed recipes!
RedVelvet Crinkle by Farmer’s Wife Rambles
I can see why these were the most viewed items. They are making me hungry just looking at them!