Butterscotch Baked French Toast for A Sweet Beginning
Sweet beginnings are perfect for a wonderful Spring weekend morning. Especially when you want to motivate the family for a day of activity. Butterscotch Baked French Toast has a flavor to satisfy any sweet tooth and fill any hungry belly and put smiles on faces. It’s an easy way to start the day too! I love getting up, making up a batch of Butterscotch Baked French Toast and popping it in the oven, then getting my shower to start the day. By the time I’m ready, the Butterscotch Baked French Toast is too!
Simple Pantry Ingredients for Butterscotch Baked French Toast
Butterscotch Baked French Toast doesn’t take anything fancy, and you probably have nearly everything in your pantry or refrigerator. I start out with some crusty Italian bread. I often buy stale loaves on sale and freeze them for impromptu French toast mornings. Sugar, eggs, butter, and milk form the batter of the Butterscotch Baked French Toast, just like a standard French toast. To give it a wonderful butterscotch flavor, I add a package of cook and serve butterscotch pudding (not the instant stuff). It thickens as it cooks and creates a wonderful texture with the bread. Pecans add a bit of crunch to the mix and a wonderful earthy flavor.
- 8 cup cubed bread
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 7 eggs whisked
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 box (3.2oz) Jello Cook and Serve Butterscotch Pudding
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a mini loaf pan or muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, pudding mix, and milk
- stir until well blended.
- Once it is well mixed add the whisked eggs.
- Pour this mixture over the cubed bread and nuts.
- Stir until well coated, let set for 10-15 mins to give the bread time to soak up the
- Put into the prepared mini loaf pan, or cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Butterscotch Baked French Toast Can Be Made Ahead
If you have a brunch party planned, or just don’t have the time to make Butterscotch Baked French Toast in the morning, make them up the day before for an easy heat and eat meal. Bake them just as explained, then allow them to cool and refrigerate in an airtight container. When you want to reheat them, simply wrap in foil and bake on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, until hot throughout. You’ll have fresh and delicious Butterscotch Baked French Toast in no time at all!