Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The one thing I ask from Jerome each Valentine’s Day is Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I love them, and they make me feel happy just eating them. They are really, really easy to make, so I have stopped asking for Jerome to buy them. Instead, now, we just buy the best strawberries we can afford and a couple of trays of almond bark. (one Milk Chocolate and one White Chocolate).
Would you believe that my girls made these almost completely by themselves? They had fun making them, and they loved eating them too.
Here is all you need:
- Strawberries (Refrigerated until time to use)
- White Chocolate Bark
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Bark
- Chopped nuts
- Any other decorations you want (Sanding Sugars, sprinkles, etc)
- Melt the white chocolate bark and the dark/milk chocolate bark in separate bowls in the microwave. Start with 1 minute time and stir, if there are areas that aren’t quite melted, continue to microwave in 15 second increments.
- Dip the strawberries in one color and let cool completely (should be rather quick, a couple of minutes, if strawberries are extra cold).
- Drizzle or decorate
- Let cool on parchment paper until completely set and then you can place in a covered container and keep in the refrigerated.
TAG: Chocolate Covered Strawberries