Quick and Easy Chorizo Breakfast Crisps
Quick breakfasts are a thing of my present. I don’t want to skip the meal, but I want something fast and delicious that I can change up so it doesn’t get boring. Chorizo Breakfasts Crisps fit the bill to a T. Delicate, warm corn tortillas form the base, cradling the homemade chorizo. Toppings for Chorizo Breakfasts Crisps can vary, from the simple cheese and an egg to guacamole, sour cream, salsa, or really anything you like. It’s a fabulous way to use up things in the fridge, and have a fun breakfast in minutes.
Chorizo Breakfast Crisps for a Crowd
I crisped my fresh corn tortillas in the pan before browning the chorizo, but you could use the crispy ones from the store that are used for tostadas. That would allow you to make Chorizo Breakfast Crisps fast and easy for a crowd of people. Just saute up the chorizo, place it in a bowl, and you have a beautiful breakfast bar with Chorizo Breakfast Crisps. Add your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and fresh salsa, or change things up with scrambled eggs, hot sauce, and caramelized onions. There are so many choices with Chorizo Breakfast Crisps.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- 6 eggs
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil, swirling to coat the pan.
- Add as many tortillas as will fit comfortably in the pan. Cook until crispy on the bottom. Flip and crisp the other side. Remove to plates.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and saute until cooked throughout, chopping into small pieces. When completely cooked, remove to a bowl and allow any juices to drain.
- Cook the eggs to your liking. (I prefer mine over medium.)
- Layer the meat over the tortillas. Top with cheese and an egg.
- Serve warm with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa, if desired.
Making Chorizo Breakfast Crisps on the Fly
If your house is like mine, I barely have time for breakfast. Sitting down to Chorizo Breakfast Crisps is amazing, but sometimes, I need something I can make on the go. Instead of using a crispy corn tortilla, try wrapping everything in a flour tortilla and eating on the road. (Wrap the bottom in napkins for drips!) I brown enough chorizo for a few Chorizo Breakfast Crisps, then wrap it up in soft flour tortillas and microwave it for a super quick breakfast. It’s a great way to start the day, whether you have it as a burrito, or as Chorizo Breakfast Crisps.