Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
I want cake for breakfast! So, any excuse to have cake for breakfast, I am all over it. And what better excuse than making a Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake. Then, you have to eat it for breakfast or brunch, right?
This coffee cake is moist and tender, and VERY buttery and rich. As the butter in the Steusel topping melts in the oven, it drips that butter down into the cake to make it even that much more rich. I seriously, LOVE this recipe.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it is a SMALL cake. Enough for about 9 pieces. Most recipes I see, are for 9×13 size pans. I don’t NEED that much coffee cake around my house just sitting there and tempting me. So, if you are looking for something that is FAST and delicious this would be the cake for you.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Sift 1 1/2 cups sifted flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a medium bowl, beat together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square or 9-inch layer-cake pan.
- Sprinkle topping crumb mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.