Last time we met in devotional, we discussed mourning for our Savior had died. Thank God, we don’t stay in mourning. He Arose!
YAY! You know what this means? It means we have HOPE!
Here is why:
- The resurrection of Jesus is a necessary proof that Jesus Christ was who He claimed to be. He claimed to be able to raise up the Temple in just 3 days. He also claimed to be son of God to the religious leaders.
- The resurrection of Christ was necessary to prove that Jesus Christ had accomplished what He had promised. He made many promises and those promises can only be fulfilled thru a resurrected Christ.
- The resurrection was necessary in order to fulfill biblical prophecy. Thinking of David’s prophecy in Psalm 16:10. That was requoted in Acts 2:27
- The resurrection proves that physical death is not the termination of human existence. God is the giver of life.
- The forgiveness of sins DEMANDS a resurrection: 1 Corinthians 15:17-23 NKJV
- 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. 20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.
We must always remember that there are multiple parts to the story of Christ’s death….I think in our evangelism today, we tend to over emphasize the death of Jesus on the cross. But it is also necessary for Jesus to have risen. Yes, Jesus died to pay the price of sin. He who was without sin was made sin to the ultimate forgiveness of our sins. 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
Without the Resurrection of Christ, we are left at the cross. With the Resurrection of Christ, we have so much hope. Hope of an eternal soul that will one day dwell with Christ for all of eternity in a glorified body.
TAG: Easter Devotional Resurrection of Christ