Easy Oven Fried Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken is a great way to have a favorite dish yet avoid not only all the mess, but a lot of calories too! By using boneless chicken, you cut the time it takes to make this favorite in half at least, making it perfect for weeknights or a quick weekend dinner when you’re busy. I keep the ingredients for Oven Fried Chicken handy for nights that I need something fast that my family will love. Add some rice or a salad and you have a full meal in under an hour for a hungry crowd.
Making Oven Fried Chicken in Minutes
Oven Fried Chicken is simple to make with a few ingredients and spices. I started with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I filleted to make them thinner and faster to cook. A quick bath in egg, then in wonderfully seasoned panko bread crumbs starts the path to a wonderfully crusted Oven Fried Chicken. I spray a broiling pan with some nonstick cooking spray before laying the chicken on it This not only prevents sticking but also helps crisp the bottom as it cooks. Finally, before starting it baking in the oven, I spray the top with nonstick cooking spray as well, to crisp the coating as it bakes, giving it that classic texture that everyone loves.
- 2 chicken breasts, filleted into 4 pieces
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 1 t oregano
- ½ t ancho chili powder
- ½ t garlic salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the whisked eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, oregano, chili powder, and garlic salt.
- Coat the chicken, once piece at a time, in the eggs, then in the bread crumbs. Place on the broiling pan and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Spray the chicken lightly with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in heated oven for 20-30 minutes, until the thickest part of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve hot.
Seasoning Oven Fried Chicken
You can add whatever seasonings to your Oven Fried Chicken that you like. My favorite is a combination of oregano, ancho chili powder, and garlic salt. I’ve also used seasoned salt, hot pepper sauce, and even lemon pepper. There are so many combinations to flavor Oven Fried Chicken with, you can find many that will make your family love it. I’ve also used barbecue seasoning for probably the best Oven Fried Chicken I’ve ever had. Try combinations to find something that your family loves and asks for again. Oven Fried Chicken keeps your kitchen clean and keeps the greasy version out of your diet!