Sometimes, you need a dessert in a hurry, and Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise fits the bill. There’s nothing better than the creamy sweetness of peanut butter fluff mixed with the crunch of chocolate Oreos and Nutter Butters. But what’s the surprise? A layer of banana pudding. It’s the best of everything all in one pan.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise for a Crowd
If you’re making Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise for a gathering, just increase your ingredients! If you have a larger pan, use that, or make a couple, because this dish will disappear in a flash! Even after a large meal, this dessert is light, fluffy, and satisfies the sweet tooth well.
Easy Tips for Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise
To easily crush the cookies, if you don’t have a food processor, try placing them in separate plastic zippy bags and crushing them with a rolling pin, or small saucepan. This will help crush them evenly for a great crumb. I’ve also used a glass bottle, such as a wine bottle or other large bottle. They make a great rolling pin in a pinch. When whipping up the peanut butter and cool whip, warm the peanut butter a bit in the microwave before adding the cool whip. It will soften the peanut butter and allow it to whip better.
- 25 Oreos, crumbled to an even crumb
- 20 Nutter Butter cookies, crumbled to an even crumb
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 2 boxes banana cream instant pudding.
- 4 C cold milk
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Mix the crumbled Oreos and butter until thoroughly combined. Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a bowl, place the milk. Sprinkle the pudding over the milk and whisk about 2 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour over the Oreo crust. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set the pudding.
- Place the peanut butter in a bowl and fold in about half of the cool whip. When completely incorporated, fold in the rest of the cool whip. Spread over the pudding.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter fluff layer.
- Sprinkle with the crushed Nutter Butter cookies, and add a final drizzle of chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Change up Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise
To change up the flavor a bit, change out the banana cream pudding for another flavor, such as white chocolate or cheesecake! Cater to your whims and be creative! There are a lot of great combinations you can make with this basic recipe.
Don’t keep Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise for just special occasions though. A slice of this makes a perfect after school or coffee break snack. In the summer, freeze it for an ice cream style treat. There are so many ways you can mix up Ultimate Peanut Butter Surprise that this dessert will be a continual favorite!