Philly Cheese Steak Bites
Philly Cheese Steak Bites are amazing little finger foods that have this HUGE Philly Cheese Steak taste. They are really easy to make, the hardest part is caramelizing the onions, and that is pretty easy.
Check out this step by step pic:
What I love about these tasty little bites most, is that I can make 24 in very little time, and they all come out of the oven at the same time. Football season is upon us, so having these during the games is VERY easy.
A couple of tips, this recipe easily converts from Philly Cheese Steak Bites to French Dip Bites by leaving out the caramelized onions and instead of putting the meat in the Au Jus to moisten, leave it as is. Then make the Au Jus gravy to dip AFTER the bites are made. Pretty simple, right?
- 1/2 Pound of Sliced Roast Beef Diced
- 1/2 Large Onion or 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 Tablespoon Au Jus Gravy Mix
- 1 Cup of Cold Water
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 8 Slices of Thin Sliced Provolone
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Sautee onion in butter for about 7-10 minutes until you get the onions as brown as you would like them.
- In a small bowl, combine the au jus gravy mix and one cup of cold water and ad the roast beef to moisten.
- Spray each cup of a MINI-MUFFIN tin (not a regular size muffin tin) and then line with wonton wrappers.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of the soaked roast beef in each muffin wonton cup. Squeeze the beef before you put in the cup, to get out the excess moisture.
- Then place about a teaspoon of the caramelized onions on top of the beef
- Place 1/3rd of a slice of provolone on each cup.
- Place on bottom rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on top.
What are your favorite party foods? Could you see adding Philly Cheese Steak Bites to your next party menu? I have used wonton wrappers like this to make many different types of bites. The Philly Bites are amazing, but so are the Mini Taco Bites. I am always looking for more things to make in Wonton Wrapper Cups. What else do you think would taste good? I am thinking I want to add something sweet…Like make mini Apple Pie Bites? Ok, that sounds like it may be delish. I may have to go try that now.