Spicy Penne Bake
Spicy Penne Bake is a delicious dish that satisfies the hungry in all of us. It’s super simple to make with just a few ingredients and Spicy Penne Bake is ready for the oven in the amount of time it takes to boil the pasta. Your favorite sauce takes on a spicy flavor with the turkey sausage, and the penne pasta is the mode of transportation to get it all to your waiting tastebuds. No pasta dish would be complete without a blanket of melted mozzarella over the top and Spice Penne Bake is no exception. It’s a casserole dish of pure yum when it’s filled with Spicy Penne Bake.
Making Spicy Penne Bake
It only takes a few ingredients to make up a wonderful batch of Spicy Penne Bake. I use Butterball Hot & Spicy Red Pepper Turkey Sausage. It’s low in fat and has a phenomenal flavor that is spicy and smokey. I found some pasta sauce on sale, so I got my favorite variety, Sockarooni, which has a little bit of everything, and a whole lot of flavor. Penne pasta forms the base, although you could use other pasta if you like. Finely shredded mozzarella rounds out the mix, giving you a fantastic dish in minutes.
- 1 pkg Turkey sausage, spicy flavor
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 jar pasta sauce, any flavor
- 2 C finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the turkey sausage into ½ inch slices. Saute in a pan until the sausage is browned.
- While sauteing the sausage, boil the pasta, cooking it just less than recommended. Drain.
- In a casserole pan, add the pasta, sausage, and sauce. Mix well.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve hot.
Spicy Penne Bake for Later
Spicy Penne Bake is one of those dishes you can make up two of, cook one for dinner and freeze the other for later. I usually do this in inexpensive aluminum foil pans that I label well with not only the name of the dish, but also the baking instructions. It makes it simple for even the kids to make dinner on the fly. It will last in a deep freezer for about 6 months, or a freezer above a refrigerator for about a month. Spicy Penne Bake is a delicious dinner that you can make ahead, and it’s even better as leftovers for lunch!